With the colder weather starting, it feels like time to make warming and tasty meals – like this Malaysian Curry with Kilombero Rice recipe, developed by our friends at JTS. Several of the ingredients can be purchased from the Rainbow Turtle shop!
- 3 Shallots (can replace with 1 onion)
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 2 teaspoons of Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of Eswatini Swazi Fire (available at Rainbow Turtle)
- 1 teaspoon of Lemongrass paste
- 1 teaspoon of chopped Ginger
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 400g Chicken Breast
- 200ml of Chicken Stock
- 1 tin (400g) Ma’s Fairtrade & Organic Coconut Milk (available at Rainbow Turtle)
- 300g Kilombero Rice (available at Rainbow Turtle)
- Blend the shallots, garlic, turmeric, lemongrass and ginger into a paste. Add the Swazi Fire to the strength that you desire. Note – a full teaspoon will be quite hot!
- Pre-heat a large frying pan or wok and add some oil. Cut the chicken into cubes of approximately 1 inch and add to the wok. Fry the chicken to seal in the flavour until it has a golden brown colour. Add the onion and fry until soft.
- Add in your paste and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Open your tin of Fairtrade coconut milk and add to the paste. (Note – coconut milk can separate in colder temperatures so you may have to scoop the solid part out of the tin into the pan. This will not affect the flavour and will soon melt into the mix).
- Add the chicken stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve with Kilombero rice for a really tasty Malaysian curry.
If you enjoyed this lovely curry, see here for more JTS recipes!